DECLARATION OF THE FIFTH INTERNATIONAL CONGRESS OF THE ISLAMIC UNION OF ASSAM
The aim of the International ASSAM Islamic Union Congress is to make determinations on the academic and political grounds related to current problems in Global politics especially in the geography of Islamic Countries and to provide means to the decision makers about institutions required to gather Islamic countries under a common will and the necessary legislation for these institutions.
The first of the International ASSAM Islamic Union Congresses was held with representatives of NGOs from 27 Islamic Countries and it was decided to ensure continuity as a result of consultation.
The main topics of the series of "International ASSAM Islamic Union Congresses", which were first implemented in 2017, second implemented in 2018 and third implemented in 2019 by taking the main fields of activity of the states into consideration, and planned to be carried out every year, are as follows;
- Establishment of the Legislation of the Administrative Structure and Organs for the Islamic Union (2017 - Done)
- Establishment of Economic Cooperation Procedures and Principles for the Islamic Union (2018 - Done)
- Establishment of Defense Industry Cooperation Procedures and Principles for Islamic Union (2019-Done)
- Establishment of Joint Defense System Procedures and Principles for the Islamic Union (2020-Done)
- Establishment of Joint Foreign Policy Procedures and Principles for the Islamic Union (2021)
- Establishment of the Principles and Procedures of the Common Judicial System for the Islamic Union (2022)
- Establishment of Common Public Order and Security Procedures and Principles for the Islamic Union (2023)
topics above were selected to offer the required institutions and their legislations of these institutions which serve Islamic countries gathering under a common will and finding a common model finally.
The First Congress was held in Istanbul, the center of ASSAM, in cooperation with Üsküdar University, The Association of Justice Defenders (ASDER) and the Islamic World NGOs Association (IDSB) on 23-24 November 2017.
The First International ASSAM Islamic Union Congress was attended by representatives of NGOs organizations and academicians from 27 Islamic Countries. At the Congress,
summaries and notifications presented by 31 academicians from 11 countries were published on the ASSAM website.[i]
As a result of the Congress, it was concluded that “the Parliament of Islamic Countries” should be established and each Islamic country should create the “Ministry of Islamic Union” through their Council of Ministers, the “Declaration of the Confederation of Islamic Countries” was approved by ASSAM's Board of Directors and was also approved by 109 NGO officers from 29 Islamic countries, 80 of which was from Turkey, and was announced to the world public opinion through the press.[ii]
Furthermore, a model constitution was drafted for the Confederation of Islamic Countries, taking into account the provisions highlighted in the declaration.[iii]
The Second Congress was held in Istanbul, the center of ASSAM, in cooperation with Üsküdar University, The Association of Justice Defenders (ASDER), the Islamic World NGO Association (IDSB) and the International Union of Muslim Scholars (IUMS) on November 01-02, 2018.
The Second International ASSAM Islamic Union Congress was attended by representatives of NGOs organizations from 29 Islamic Countries and academicians, and 58 notifications presented by 66 academicians from 15 countries were published. Also, all notifications were published electronically in ASSAM International Refereed Journal (ASSAM-UHAD) and in ASSAM's website.
According to notifications presented in second Congress and results reports of the Congress, the Declaration, which includes the First Conference Declaration, was prepared and presented to decision makers, all invited guests and participants from all over the Muslim world and to the World Public Opinion. Also, it was published on ASSAM's website.[iv]
The Third International ASSAM Islamic Union Congress was attended by representatives of NGO’s organizations from 45 Islamic Countries and academicians 58 notifications presented by 57 academicians from 10 countries. Congress conclusion declaration ([v]) and declarations abstracts ([vi]) are published in ASSAM's website.
4th International ASSAM Islamic Union Congress is held on Determination of Principles and Procedures of Common Defense System for the Islamic Union with the main theme of "ASRICA Confederation Defense System” through video-conference method within the scope of pandemic measures on 12 December 2020 with the participation of Üsküdar University (ÜÜ), Kütahya Dumlupınar University (KDU), Justice Defenders Association (ASDER) and Union of NGOs of the Islamic World (UNIW) in Istanbul.
28 academicians from 15 Islamic Countries presented 27 declarations in the Fourth International ASSAM Islamic Union Congress. The Congress Declaration [vii] and Declarations Abstracts ([viii]) and the Declaration Full Text Book ([ix]), including the first, second and third congress declarations, have been published on our ASSAM Congress WEB site.
5th International ASSAM Islamic Union Congress will be held on 18-19 December 2021 by video-conference method in Istanbul with the participation of Üsküdar University (ÜÜ), Kütahya Dumlupınar University (KDU), Justice Defenders Association (ASDER) and Union of NGOs of the Islamic World (UNIW) and Pakistan Centre for Aerospace and Security Studies (CASS), on Determination of Principles and Procedures of Joint Foreign Policy for the Islamic Union will be carried out with the main theme of "ASRICA Confederation (Joint) Foreign Policy Strategy".
The following congresses are planned to be held in different countries in cooperation with NGOs of Islamic Countries under the auspices and coordination of ASSAM.
The language of the congress will be in Turkish, English and Arabic. There will be a simultaneous translation in the presentation of the notifications. Summaries and notifications will be converted into books and published on ASSAM web site, and the summaries will also be published in ASSAM International Refereed Journal (ASSAM-UHAD) electronically. The final reports of the congress, which will be prepared for execution, will be sent to decision making mechanisms and to all guests and participants from all over the Islamic world, and will be published on the ASSAM website.
GEOPOLITICAL VALUE OF ISLAMIC GEOGRAPHY:
The Islamic geography of 61 countries, having 61 of 193 member states of the United Nations Organization (31% of the member states), 1.894 billion of the world's population of 7,8 billion (24.1% of the world's population), 30,848 million km2 of the world’s land of 150 million km2 (20.6% of the world's land) has the following with the block they formed when the borders between them are ignored:
- Located in the center of Asia, Europe and Africa, known as the World Island;
- Controls the Strait of Gibraltar which is considered as the entrance gates of the Mediterranean, the biggest inland sea of the World, Red Sea and Black Sea as well as Bab-El-Mandeb, Çanakkale and Istanbul Straits and the Suez Canal,
- Has coasts to Atlantic Ocean, Indian Ocean, Mediterranean Sea, Black Sea and Caspian Sea,
- Land and sea border neighbor to Asia, Europe and Africa continents, superpowers of the world such as European Union, Russia, India, Russia and sea border neighbor to the United States of America.
- Has the opportunity to become an unrivalled center of world land, air and sea transportation routes,
- Owns 55.5% of world petroleum reserves and 46.5% of its production, 64.1% of natural gas reserves, and 34% of its production;
- In the future, it will have the ability to be superpower in the world by combining its geopolitical position, common civilization values and historical build up with its opportunities, efforts and goals.
GLOBAL ATTACKS ON THE ISLAMIC WORLD
The Islamic world, in its geography where it should be sovereign, has been turned to the area of the undeclared, secret, insidious, dirty and asymmetric Third World War. Where the elements of ethnic and sectarian differences within the unitary structures of each Islamic country are made fought with one another.
Armed terrorist organizations: The Taliban and al Qaeda in Afghanistan, Boko Haram in Nigeria, Anti Balaka in Middle Africa, Revolutionary People's Liberation Front (DHKP-C) and Communist /Marxist /Leninist Party of Turkey, PKK, PYD, FETÖ/PDY in Turkey, Al-Nusra Front, DAESH and HTS in Syria, which have drowned Turkey and Islamic geography in blood, tears and turned to debris, operate under the control and support of global powers.
Despite of the advantages they have, Islamic countries have fallen into enormous chaos and disorders through the interference of the imperialist Western states. As a result of this turmoil, the Islamic geography is suffering from a case of destruction and famine. Millions of Muslims are forced to choose between leaving their homes and homelands or left to die. Thousands of Muslims die in different ways on the way of migration, while those who succeed in migration are forced to live in poverty and misery.
According to the data provided from the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees 2021, only 6,6 million Syrian citizens have emigrated.[x] This figure is even higher with unregistered refugees. Syrian refugees have migrated to Turkey (3.645.140), Iraq (242.163), Jordan (662.790), Egypt (130.577), Lebanon (865.531) and other places in North Africa (31.657). Regardless of these figures, there are intensive attempts to migrate to Europe and most of them lost their lives at the Mediterranean Sea. Despite these negativities, the total number of the registered refugees who were transferred to Europe from April 2011 to January 2021 was 1.022.142 refugees.[xi]
The Third World War continues as an undeclared war (Hybrid Warfare) against the Islamic countries. After the collapse of the Ottoman Empire, the Muslims who were left without authority, tried to maintain their existence by establishing small states but they lost their unity and togetherness, so they became easy prey for the global powers. The United States, the European Union, France, Russia and China aim to establish their authority in Islamic countries in order to take over the Islamic geography by conducting proxy wars
with the terrorist organizations they control and the asymmetric methods of war they practice.
THE FIFTH INTERNATIONAL ASSAM ISLAMIC UNION CONGRESS
Our Congress will be held in Istanbul on 18-19 December 2021.
topics related to the “Determination of Principles and Procedures of the Joint Foreign Policy for the Islamic Union” will be examined under the title of “ASRICA Confederation Foreign Policy Strategy”.
The declarations presented by academicians, who will participate in the Fifth International ASSAM Islamic Union Congress, will be included under the following headings:
- Assessment of Geopolitical Status of ASRİKA Islamic Countries
- Effects of Globalization and Its Effects on Societies
- Objectives of Global Powers on Islamic Countries and Their Foreign Policy Strategies
- East Turkestan Issue and The Policies to Follow
- Kashmir Issue and The Policies to Follow
- Afghanistan Issue and The Policies to Follow
- Palestine Issue and The Policies to Follow
- Lebanon Issue and The Policies to Follow
- Yemen Issue and The Policies to Follow
- Iraq Issue and The Policies to Follow
- Syria Issue and The Policies to Follow
- Libya Issue and The Policies to Follow
- Sudan-Ethiopia Issue and The Policies to Follow
- Trnc and Eastern Mediterranean Issue and The Policies to Follow
- Policies of Global Powers on African Muslim Countries
- Problems Between Islamic Countries
- Saudi Arabia-Yemen
- Qatar-Gulf Countries
- Algeria-Morocco-Western Sahara Issue and Policies to Follow
- Institutions That Can Solve The International Problems of Islamic Countries, and Their Efficiencies and Competencies
- Organization of Islamic Cooperation
- Arab League
- African Union
- Turkic Council
- Formation Principles and Procedures of Institutions Needed to Be Applied in The Solution of Common and Individual Problems of Islamic Countries
- Designed Foreign Policy Principles and Procedures of Asrica Islamic Countries Confederation
PROGRAMME OF FIFTH INTERNATIONAL ASSAM ISLAMIC UNION CONGRESS
- Abstract submission deadline : 30 July 2021
- Announcement of accepted papers : 30 August 2021
- Deadline for submission of full texts : 30 September 2021
- CONGRESS DATE : 18-19 December 2021
APPENDIX- A: IV. INTERNATIONAL ASSAM ISLAMIC UNION CONGRESS DECLARATION-12.12. 2020